Wednesday, May 6, 2015

1st Driving Test

In last November, I took the first driving test in my life. I was so nervous and stressed. I never learned how to drive in China. And in America, I only took a one-month driving course. My coach told me that there was a 50 percent chance I could pass based on my driving skills. Anyway, I had taken the two-hour buses to be an unpaid intern in Flushing every other day. I was so tired of it! Once I passed the test and got a Driver's License, I could buy a car and save 90 minutes on the road. In the morning of the big day, my hands started to sweating, my feet were cold and even my period came unexpected. My coach talked with me and kept telling jokes to help me relieve. It helped actually. However, the supervisor was strict, barely smiled and respond coldly. Even though my coach drove me to the sector of the driving test and asked me to know better about the environment the night before the text, I did not achieve. The supervisor said my driving skills could not meet the requirement of safety. Well, it was the truth. But, on the other side, I spent one more month with my coach who was my only friend at that time, and I passed the text after that! I felt less stressed with more practice and better skills. So there was a high percent chance that it was my awareness of my bad driving skills that made the anxiety!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Driving is very challenging here but I'm sure you'll do just fine.

    ReplyDelete